Becoming a member of the American Society for Indexing includes many valuable benefits. You can:
- Keep up with the latest trends in indexing, including ebook indexes, software issues, and publisher requirements.
- Take advantage of learning and networking opportunities with webinars and at ASI's annual conference at the discounted membership rate.
- Connect with other indexers around the country and locally via ASI's many chapters and special interest groups.
- Receive an annual subscription to Key Words, ASI's quarterly professional journal, and access to ASI's discussion list to learn about the latest in indexing and job opportunities.
- Access ASI's Health Insurance Benefit
- Receive a detailed listing in ASI's Indexer Locator, a searchable database available to all users of indexing services, for a modest additional charge.
- Enjoy increased professional image for yourself and your indexing business.
- Support the country's only national organization dedicated to excellence in indexing.
Who Can Join?
Membership in ASI is open to all interested persons: professional indexers, editors, publishers, librarians, and anyone else curious about indexing. ASI also enjoys the support of corporate partners through organizational memberships. View our benefits.
Regular Membership is open to all interested persons: Professional indexers, editors, publishers, librarians, and anyone interested in indexing. Includes the right to vote, and an online subscription to Key Words. All other benefits of membership apply.
Organizational Membership Level
Organizational Membership includes three (3) copies of each issue of Key Words, affiliation with one ASI chapter, and voting rights for a single designated individual in the ASI elections. Registration at the Annual Meeting at the member rate is available for an unlimited number of employees. Participation on ASI-L is available for up to three (3) employees.
- Regular: $199
- Organizational: $525
Joining SIGs or Chapters only
ASI members adding on SIG or chapter memberships mid-year may join SIGs or chapters via the ASI Online Store: chapters joining page and SIGs joining page. Members of affiliated indexing societies may join SIGs (but not chapters), via the SIGs joining page.