Becoming a member of the American Society for Indexing has many valuable benefits. You can:
- Keep up with the latest trends in indexing, including ebook indexes, software issues, and publisher requirements.
- Take advantage of learning and networking opportunities at ASI’s annual conference at the discounted membership rate.
- Connect with other indexers around the country and locally via ASI’s many chapters and special interest groups.
- Receive a free subscription to ASI-L, ASI’s discussion list, to learn about the latest in indexing and job opportunities.
- For an additional modest charge, receive a detailed listing in ASI’s Indexer Locator, a searchable database available to all users of indexing services.
- Enjoy increased professional image for yourself and your indexing business.
- Support the country’s only national organization dedicated to excellence in indexing.
Who Can Join?
Membership in ASI is open to all interested persons: professional indexers, editors, publishers, librarians, and anyone else curious about indexing. ASI also enjoys the support of corporate partners through organizational memberships. View our benefits.
Regular Membership is open to all interested persons: Professional indexers, editors, publishers, librarians, and anyone interested in indexing. Includes the right to vote, and an online subscription to Key Words. All other benefits of membership apply.
Organizational Membership Levels
Organizational Membership includes three (3) copies of each issue of Key Words, affiliation with one ASI chapter, and voting rights for a single designated individual in the ASI elections. Registration at the Annual Meeting at the member rate is available for an unlimited number of employees. Participation on ASI-L is available for up to three (3) employees.
Sustaining Organizational Membership includes six (6) copies of each issue of Key Words, one free listing in the Indexer Locator, one voting membership with the right to hold office, one chapter membership for the voting member, including the right to hold office, and two additional chapter memberships for employees. This membership also includes unlimited subscriptions to ASI-L, with eligible subscribers to be designated by the organization and unlimited employee registrations at the Annual Meeting at the member rate. There will also be a 20 percent discount on Key Words advertising and exhibitor fees at the Annual Meeting. Sustaining members will be recognized in the Membership Directory, other publications, and on the Web page.
- Regular: $175
- Organizational: $500
- Sustaining Organizational: $1,000
Joining SIGs or Chapters only:
ASI members adding on SIG or chapter memberships mid-year may join SIGs or chapters via the ASI Online Store: chapters joining page and SIGs joining page. Members of affiliated indexing societies may join SIGs (but not chapters), via the SIGs joining page.