Paula Durbin-Westby, Bachelor of Music, summa cum laudeMember
3239 Yanceyville Road
Louisa, Virginia 23093 USA
Work: (540) 223-6145
Paula Durbin-Westby, Bachelor of Music, summa cum laude
Books I index win awards in their disciplines; the index is a crucial component of an outstanding publication.
While I specialize in multiple subject areas, one of my strengths is indexing books that cross disciplinary boundaries. I can formulate elegant solutions for multi-authored interdisciplinary works, using a thoughtful selection of wording for entries in conjunction with judicious cross-referencing.
I create indexes for scholarly and trade books and journals, and government and private industry documents. My indexing career spans over twenty years.
I create indexes for scholarly and trade books and journals, and government and private industry documents.
• Professional indexes according to your specifications, taking into consideration index user (reader), author, and publisher needs.
• Expertise in concepts and terminology: cultural studies; disability studies; gender/LGBTQ/women’s studies; international relations/political science/foreign policy; literary criticism; health sciences; musicology and music theory; philosophy; psychology/psychiatry; sociology and social sciences.
• Enjoys collaborating with authors and publishers
• Accurate indexing of subject matter
• Recommendations from authors and editors
•Consulting with authors who are writing their own indexes
• References and sample indexes available on request
Software expertise and production skills:
Alternative and Complementary Medicine
Animals and animal behavior/training
Art and Art History
Arts and Crafts
Business and commerce
Children, child development, and pediatrics
Criminology and law enforcement
Foreign policy and international relations
Gardening and horticulture
Latin American studies
Linguistics and language studies
Middle East studies
Military and naval sciences
Politics and political science
Race and ethnic studies
Wellness and self-help
Type of Materials Specialties:
Corporate and business materials
Textbooks and study guides
Updated: January 17, 2023