Every five years, the American Society for Indexing (ASI) conducts an in-depth survey of indexers to take a snapshot of the industry including demographics, financial trends (pricing, earnings, salary data, etc.), company style, areas of growth and overall strength. This data allows members to see how their individual skills, interests, and goals can fit into the existing industry structure and how they might be able to leverage emerging trends to their advantage.
Why participate in the survey?
- Knowledge is power and provides you with a competitive advantage in the marketplace, especially in setting rates with clients.
- Gain insights about education and training, marketing, networking, and growth through service.
- Distinguish among the most common professional skills, tools and specialties.
- Evaluate potential alternatives in business structure and style.
- Set a path forward with a clear idea of compensation and professional development.
Be a "good citizen" in our indexing community
Your participation is important. Your investment of about 20 minutes helps to create a clearer picture of our industry and recent changes. ASI members will have access to the results of the survey, once the analysis is completed. Members, log on to access the link. Non-members who are indexers, email the ASI office to request the survey link. All responses are due by 5 p.m. MST, November 30, 2021.
Thank you, in advance, for your participation.