ASI Webinar: The Way Forward—Current and Future Issues for Publishing and Indexing
with Diana Witt
As you launch into your 2021 planning, what do the current trends in electronic and print publishing mean for the indexing industry? What new markets can you tap into? For example, is the growth of self-publishing an emerging indexing market? What about the growing market of audio books and podcasts? With non-fiction book sales now outpacing fiction and poetry, are more indexable books flowing into the publishing pipeline? Has the impact of Covid-19 on publishing run its course, or will it affect publishing, and therefore indexing, into the foreseeable future? Diana takes a look ahead and helps you chart your course.
This webinar will cover:
- What the current trends are in electronic and print publishing
- Whether the growth of self-publishing indicates an emerging indexing market
- Why the growth of audio books and podcasts is of interest for indexers
- When non-fiction book sales began to outpace fiction and poetry
- Where indexing's position is in the book production workflow
- How Covid-19 has impacted publishing
Diana Witt is a long-time freelance indexer. She has always been very active in ASI, serving on various boards and projects. She has served as ASI president three times.
This webinar was produced on Wednesday, March 31, 2021
ASI members, please log in to the website for member pricing.
If you are a returning customer, please purchase using your email address on file: Guest
After completing your purchase, return to this page, refresh your screen, and view the webinar replay.
Comments are closed.