PDFs in the Indexing Process: Maximizing Your Efficiency
with Connie Binder
This fast-paced webinar will explore the use of Adobe Reader, Acrobat Standard/Pro, and Margaret Berson’s Megabit Macros in the indexing process, with the goal of increasing data-entry speed and accuracy.
Topics will include:
- Advanced Search
- Setting Preferences
- Navigation and keyboard shortcuts
- Getting terms from the PDF into indexing software
- Working with dense chunks of text
- Highlighting and annotating a PDF file
- Renumbering pages
- Combining separate chapters into one PDF
- Separating a PDF file into separate chapter files
- Adding watermarks and working with revised files
- Splitting double-page spreads into single page file
- Signing forms and contracts
Following the webinar, participants will receive a detailed procedures manual of the topics covered, with screenshots and examples. This is in addition to the replay of the webinar, which will be posted following the live presentation.
Connie Binder is a freelance indexer based in Laurel, Maryland. A generalist, she indexes trade, reference, and scholarly books in a variety of subjects. She loves the freelance life, often indexing from her backyard hammock or while traveling. Connie has served on the ASI Board of Directors, is active in the Mid- and South-Atlantic Chapter, and is ICI-certified. She holds a BA in Anthropology, and an MLS in Library Science.
The webinar originally aired August 26, 2015
ASI members, please log in to the website for member pricing.The webinar is $69 for non-members, and you will have long-term access to the replay.
After you purchase the webinar, return to this page, refresh your screen, and view the webinar replay. You will also find the related PDF documents.