Basic skills and guidelines to create a good textbook index
with Diana Witt
Learn the pros and cons of updating vs. original creation of textbook indexes. Understand how to handle non-text material such as glossaries, graphics, appendices, etc. Find out how to create multiple name, subject, and company indexes simultaneously.
- Table of contents, and/or chapter titles as term sources
- Highlighted boldfaced terms
- Introductory matter relevance
- Glossary, inclusion or not
- Appendices, case studies, online resources and other nontext material
- Multiple indexes (name, subject, and company name indexes)
- Audience for the book, elementary, secondary, college, continuing education
- New vs. updated indexes
- Rates and fees: Current crisis for textbook indexers, reasonable charges for multiple indexes
- Calculating for updated vs. original indexes.
This webinar was produced Wednesday, March 13, 2019
Diana Witt is a long-time professional indexer with many years’ experience in textbook and scholarly indexing.
ASI members, please log in to the website for member pricing.The webinar is $69 for non-members, and you will have long-term access to the replay.
After you purchase the webinar, return to this page, refresh your screen, and view the webinar replay.